Southeastern Central Park Birds, one Hawk - February 1st, 2013

Plaza Hotel nest site:


Still very twiggy:


Sparrow enjoying a sand bath on the path I was on:








Preening Mallard:



Ah, the Wood Duck I've become quite fond of:




I kept checking the side of The Plaza and other familiar perches for the Southeastern Central Park Red-tailed Hawks. 

One finally flew from the north, towards the Sherry-Netherland Hotel and GM Building:


It dropped down toward the Plaza but didn't land:



It disappeared northeast.

Shadow of the Sherry-Netherland:


The Hawk returned:


Descending on The Plaza again:










Off the Plaza and headed northwest:



It was pretty cold and breezy out so I headed back inside as soon as the Hawk disappeared. I had decent sightings in the span of those forty minutes.